What are the objections to same sex marriage from antigay people? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

What are the objections to same sex marriage from antigay people?
in Religion

I want to create a not hostile place for people to express their objections. I want to understand where they are cominng from, even if i am pro marital equality.
Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• I don't know that there are any anti-gay people on DI.
    Zombieguy1987
  •  i am anti-gay, they are abominations.@CYDdharta
    Zombieguy1987
  • leviticus 20:13
    Zombieguy1987
  • @JesusFreak2002 So if someone is bisexual due to rape, you don't care?
    Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

• @JesusFreak2002

Why exactly are they abominations?
    Zombieguy1987
  • @JesusFreak2002 So if someone is bisexual due to rape, you don't care?
    The f@ck is bisexual due to rape?

(I’m not anti-LGBT)
    (in a way)
    Zombieguy1987
    Sovereignty for Kekistan
  • I don’t agree with gay mariage because as a Christian I believe it to be wrong due to the many mentions in the bible.
    anonymousdebaterZombieguy1987
  • @jane_the_cat so would you support outlawing all other religions? Because according to the bible and even the ten commandments which are significantly more important than any anti gay verse, thou shalt not worship strange Gods before me. How about divorce, we should outlaw that too?
  • @WordsMatter ;

My opinion on this is: I don't agree with gay marriage personally because of Christian beliefs, but church and state should be separate, so gay marriage should be legal (even though I would prefer if they use a term like "civil union", but have the same rights as any married couple), but if Christians do not want to endorse gay marriage, then they should not be forced to.
  • leviticus 20:13
    Lol... you should get a load of this @JesusFreak2002 ;

Mission Accomplished Canada!
    https://www.google.com/search?q=victims+of+religion&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewihu9jugorfahwkmeakhbtib00q_auidigb&biw=1920&bih=963&safe=active

Blues and Raptors handed two very toxic teams embarrassing losses, 95% of the sports world is rejoicing in the news

Repealing the Second Amendment is the first step to Totalitarianism, and it needs to be prevented to protect our freedom 

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/
  • @anonymousdebater so Christianity owns and defines the term marriage? Can Jews, Hindus, Muslims and atheists not get married because none of them follow the Christian guidelines?
    Zombieguy1987
  • @WordsMatter ;

"so gay marriage should be legal" (anonymousdebater)
    "church and state should be separate" (anonymousdebater)
    "have the same rights as any married couple" (anonymousdebater)
  • I prefer the term "civil union" or any other term just because it is not a traditional "marriage" between a man and a woman, so I would prefer it if "marriage" referred to solely Man + Woman, and other terms were used for other combinations. If people of other religions want to get married in a Man + Woman way, then that is fine.