Is abortion moral? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

Is abortion moral?
in Politics

Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• While I believe murdering an unborn baby is morally wrong, it’s socially wrong to have the government involved in a private matter between the woman, doctor and husband  
    AlofRI
    https://www.google.com/search?q=victims+of+religion&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=x&ved=0ahukewihu9jugorfahwkmeakhbtib00q_auidigb&biw=1920&bih=963&safe=active

Blues and Raptors handed two very toxic teams embarrassing losses, 95% of the sports world is rejoicing in the news

Repealing the Second Amendment is the first step to Totalitarianism, and it needs to be prevented to protect our freedom 

http://www.atheistrepublic.com/
  • Depends... It is sometimes necessary when the mother's life is in danger. No woman ever had an abortion thinking : Yes, I'll murder a child, yeah!! No woman ever looked forward with glee at having an abortion, so in this sense I don't think it's immoral, when trying to ascribe a moral value, intent must be taken into consideration IMO...  Killing is usually considered immoral but not in self-defense, many people support the death penalty too, a lot of those are people of faith too...  It can be argued that giving birth to a unwanted child, or giving birth in certain conditions (extreme poverty, abject lack of basic resources like water or food, etc) is in itself immoral... Giving birth to a child that is practically guaranteed to die before it's third birthday for example could be considered immoral. Having a child is a huge responsibility and not everyone is fit for parenthood IMO... 

In the end, morality is a spectrum, it's definitely not binary...
    AlofRIZombieguy1987
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • I am not for abortions of convenience. I AM FOR the rights of women, abortion or other. If a woman feels an abortion is necessary, and there are several legitimate reasons, they should have the CHOICE. Christians, if they truly believe, will let "God" handle it. My (first) wife needed an abortion, she agreed, I agreed, her doctor agreed. 'nuff said.
    Zombieguy1987
  • @Zombieguy1987 Babies have the right to live. Besides, abortion violates the non aggression principle.
    Zombieguy1987
    Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

• AlofRI said:
    I am not for abortions of convenience. I AM FOR the rights of women, abortion or other. If a woman feels an abortion is necessary, and there are several legitimate reasons, they should have the CHOICE. Christians, if they truly believe, will let "God" handle it. My (first) wife needed an abortion, she agreed, I agreed, her doctor agreed. 'nuff said.
    AlofRI said:
    I am not for abortions of convenience. I AM FOR the rights of women, abortion or other. If a woman feels an abortion is necessary, and there are several legitimate reasons, they should have the CHOICE. Christians, if they truly believe, will let "God" handle it. My (first) wife needed an abortion, she agreed, I agreed, her doctor agreed. 'nuff said.
    So you are in favor of killing babies? Have you heard of birth control?

• @Plaffelvohfen Abortion is murder unless the mother's life is in danger. Use birth control, or don't hav sex.
    Zombieguy1987

• Zombieguy1987

• Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

• Revelation 3:10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

• Sorry for posting so much. I am having computer issues.

• @YeshuaBought ;

So you are in favor of killing babies? Have you heard of birth control? 

Yes, it is the socially approved intelligent way to kill a baby's there is no body to be used against us in a court of law, It is the much easier way of simply do not have sexual intercourse. However the method of creating all woman equal would simply say female specific amputation is not pregnancy abortion. Just like In Vitro Fertilization is not pregnancy abortion.

I'm getting a mixed message here. Does this mean lethal force is allowed when privacy is at stake? The understanding of the United States Supreme Court was that abortion is a privacy issue.