Do you think Islam is a religion of war? Can you give the evidence? - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

Communities

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Do you think Islam is a religion of war? Can you give the evidence?
in Religion

I'll reply as good as I can.

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• Of war? Not specifically... It is an hegemony oriented ideology though, like most monotheistic religion...
    " Adversus absurdum, contumaciter ac ridens! "
  • TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    No, I think that Islam, has some individuals, who choose to act radically.

Just as some individuals, have used other religions, to act, in their own radical ways as well.

Some of humanity. has been acting radically, long before Islam, or the other religions ever showed up. 
    ZeusAres42
  • @TKDB

I agree with you. But I won't give you the point by clicking the agree button. 
  • MayCaesarMayCaesar 1699 Pts
    It was originally created as a tool for Mohammed to unite his army around him and follow up with his conquest ideas. So, as far as the history of its creation goes, it was definitely intended to be a weapon.

Over time, many different interpretations of Islam arose, some of which are war-favoring and others strongly oppose any violence. Which one is the case depends on the particular interpretation, rather than on the religion as a whole. Quran itself favors Muslims warring against the "unfaithful", but, again, some groups do not interprete those lines literally and take them as a figure of speech.