Marijuana should be legal, change my mind. - Page 9 - DebateIsland Development Environment The Best Online Debate Website | DebateIsland.com
frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DebateIsland Development Environment

The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

Marijuana should be legal, change my mind.
in Politics

Debra AI Prediction

Predicted To Win
Predicted 2nd Place
Tie
Margin

Details +

Arguments

• You are not even debating marijuana is illegal, or narcotic. You are debating you can save children from air pollution by making one thing illegal to have as a possession and you are not even doing that well.

Self-incriminating yourself and asking me with others along for the ride in a negligence, and malice of legislation as law-abuse. This includes the Police officer who is under Protection from a United State bound to the people and the officers by the principles set in constitution, as a active participant in the service and protection thereof.

• I may have to thank you, TKDB in a inability of your understanding we maybe stumbled into the source for the claps in basic principle ethics which set legal precedent for the violation of United State Constitution made on the private ownership of Fire-arm.

@TKDB ………..Thank you. This type research is very hard and it is important as the basic principle holding speech and writing as a common defense by communication in the judicial process.
  • ugh!...………...... source of collapse in basic principle ethics...….. 
    piloteer
  • TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    @John_C_87

The marijuana addicts, are self incriminating themselves, in their own homes, and breaking the Marijuana Laws in the process.

Because the laws say one thing, while the marijuana addict (pregnant ladies,) and those moms and dads, wallow in their marijuana addictions, outside of how those Marijuana Law's are written?

Their self incrimination, is self explanatory.

So again, you can reengineer, your individual self perception, however you choose to.

The Marijuana Laws, are self explanatory based upon how they are written, and that's just how it is John.

"Self-incriminating yourself and asking me with others along for the ride in a negligence, and malice of legislation as law-abuse. This includes the Police officer who is under Protection from a United State bound to the people and the officers by the principles set in constitution, as a active participant in the service and protection thereof. "

So instead of challenging me solely, based upon, your individualized perceptions, why not educate yourself on how the Marijuana Laws, are written, and learn how those very laws, are being abused by the marijuana addicts themselves?

Those Marijuana Laws, aren't benefitting some of those unborn babies, who are being carried, by their pregnant mother's, and they aren't benefitting the babies, toddlers, kids, children, and those families, who are living with the marijuana addicts drug use?

But those same Marijuana Laws, do benefit, the individual recreational marijuana user, who can use marijuana, at their residence?

But if a marijuana addict is using marijuana around unborn babies, newborns, toddlers, kids, children, and their families, they are breaking those Marijuana Laws, that makes their marijuana use legal, thus creating a outright conflict of interest, because of who those laws benefit, verses, who those Marijuana Laws do not benefit?

Because some of the political representatives in the United States, I guess, apparently, don't understand, how to manage their taxation, and revenue budgets, so they legalized recreational marijuana, to apparently get, those "poor" states, some sorely needed taxation and revenue, because of their apparent, taxation, and revenue shortages?

Look at those states, that have legalized, recreational marijuana, and see how their taxation, and revenue coffers, were doing, prior to the legalization of marijuana, in those state's?

You're so focused on me, you're not paying attention, to the country as a whole, when it comes to those states, that haven't legalized recreational marijuana, verses those who have? 

Reality speaks for itself.

• TKDB there is still no common defense given by you, to me, on my admission of my perjury, that I make agreeing with you over the shared basic lying on an official document, substance ownership is substituted for air pollution and its danger.

The marijuana addicts, are self incriminating themselves, in their own homes, and breaking the Marijuana Laws in the process.

Only suspected illegal marijuana law which is part of an epidemic of Ex post facto law. The reason of justification you give in basic principle is over amounts of a substance used in the creation of air pollution. It is still the air pollution which is the crime.

“Ex post facto laws retroactively change the rules of evidence in a criminal case.”

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Ex+Post+Facto+Laws

Marijuana has been reported to be exposed to chemical narcotics, these narcotics can be placed in water, food, cigarettes, cigars, alcohol, and many, many other substances. We have not even begun to tough on the possible religious implications, and the numbers of religions which are connected to Cannabis, also known as hemp, also known as marijuana, also Known as Ganja.  

I'm not following you into perjury.........Though hard to prove in a court of law does not mean one day it will never be proven as the serious crime it is.  

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    @John_C_87

You can keep peddling what you wish, rhetoric wise.

The Marijuana Laws, are self explanatory.

So your various links, that are non Marijuana Law oriented, are irrelevant to the conversation. 
  • The Marijuana Laws, are  Ex post facto law. The rules of procession are retroactively changed to air pollution.
    So your various links, that are non Marijuana Law oriented, are irrelevant to the conversation.
    Is this secret code for I don't have a common defense in committing perjury, we just make it to hard for a district attorney to chase after these type crimes of educated intelligence?
  • Oops. sorry was laughing so hard could not keep my figures straight. The rules of possession, The rules of possession are retroactively changed to air pollution. Hard to believe that people did not know what air pollution was...…….You don't have that common defense TKDB...…..you know what air pollution is.
  • TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    @John_C_87

• TKDB said:
    @John_C_87

I agree. 
     Ex post facto law.

Abracadabra, Presto-O, Change-O, Nothing up our sleeves, air pollution now becomes ownership.

• @TKDB ;

Does this mean at any trial your just going to say I was only following orders?
     No common defense is no self defense which explains Ex post facto gun law.

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    @John_C_87

John, I haven't a clue as to what your going on about?

My position is the below, along with an excerpt from the Colorado Marijuana Law:

Now, can any of the four of you, show from the below excerpt, from the Colorado Marijuana Law itself, where it explicitly states, where a marijuana addict mom or dad, can lawfully smoke recreational marijuana around their babies, toddlers, kids, children, or families?

The Colorado Marijuana Law, seems to lack and informing to the above question, doesn't it? 

Can any of the four of you show from the below excerpt, from the Colorado Law itself, where it explicitly States, where a marijuana addict lady, can lawfully smoke recreational marijuana, while pregnant, with an unborn baby in her womb? 

Section 3
    "Where can I smoke pot in Colorado?"

"Marijuana may not be consumed openly or publicly in Colorado. Under the law, that includes transportation facilities (train and bus stations, for example); schools; music, sports or amusement venues; parks and playgrounds (including Denver mountain parks, such as Red Rocks Amphitheatre); and rooftop cafes. You cannot smoke marijuana — or anything else, for that matter — indoors in any public areas, including restaurants, theaters or office buildings. It is also prohibited to consume marijuana on the 16th Street Mall (and on city blocks for one block in any direction of the mall). But there are several locally licensed consumption venues in Colorado Springs and Denver, and Colorado residents can smoke in the comfort of their own homes — assuming they own their home or their lease does not have any smoking restrictions. " 

@John_C_87

What does this point of view have to do with the above Colorado Marijuana Law excerpt?

"Does this mean at any trial your just going to say I was only following orders?

No common defense is no self defense which explains Ex post facto gun law."

@John_C_87 ;

You do realize that you're off topic? 

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    @John_C_87

Again, you're off topic:

"Abracadabra, Presto-O, Change-O, Nothing up our sleeves, air pollution now becomes ownership."

Where from the below Colorado Marijuana Law, is your above point of view, explicitly expressed about?

Can you legitimately show me, a line of words, from the Colorado Marijuana Law, that talks about your point of view specifically?

Section 3

"Marijuana may not be consumed openly or publicly in Colorado. Under the law, that includes transportation facilities (train and bus stations, for example); schools; music, sports or amusement venues; parks and playgrounds (including Denver mountain parks, such as Red Rocks Amphitheatre); and rooftop cafes. You cannot smoke marijuana — or anything else, for that matter — indoors in any public areas, including restaurants, theaters or office buildings. It is also prohibited to consume marijuana on the 16th Street Mall (and on city blocks for one block in any direction of the mall). But there are several locally licensed consumption venues in Colorado Springs and Denver, and Colorado residents can smoke in the comfort of their own homes — assuming they own their home or their lease does not have any smoking restrictions. "  

• @TKDB
    John, I haven't a clue as to what your going on about? 

“Ex post facto laws retroactively change the rules of evidence in a criminal case.”

• @TKDB ;
    Again, you're off topic:

In whole truth I will always be off topic. The reason I am giving is the use of Ex post Facto law. 
    The topic in basic principle is still air Quality. Not ownership or location.
  • TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    edited June 2019
    @John_C_87

This is the law:

Feel free, to challenge the law, with your opinion, and see where it leads, or takes your opinion?

An excerpt of the Colorado Marijuana Law:

Section 3

@John_C_87

"In whole truth I will always be off topic. The reason I am giving is the use of Ex post Facto law. 
    The topic in basic principle is still air Quality. Not ownership or location."

If you maybe have a problem with the Colorado Marijuana Law, you can always present your individual opinion, to their legislature, couldn't you?

Maybe they can address your opinion? 

• @TKDB ;

"This is the law:"

You saying in basic principle this is an order. If I do not follow this order, this order from you, and relieve you of command you will attempt to shoot me?

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts

http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/Director/Pages/marijuana/facts.aspx
    • "Using marijuana while pregnant or breastfeeding may harm your baby.[1] THC, the chemical in marijuana that makes a person high, can pass from mother to unborn child through the placenta. Marijuana that passes to your baby during pregnancy may make it hard for your child to pay attention and learn, especially as your child grows older. This would make it harder for your child to do well in school.[1]
      Smoking marijuana has the added risk to the mother and baby of harmful smoke exposure. However, using marijuana in edible or vaporized form still exposes the baby to THC. There is no known amount of marijuana that can be safely used during pregnancy.[1]

If you are pregnant and need help to stop using marijuana, talk to your health care provider or use the resources on this website.
    • Can I use marijuana while I am breastfeeding?
      Breastfeeding has many health benefits for both the mother and baby. However, if you use marijuana while breastfeeding, THC in marijuana gets into breast milk and may affect your baby. THC is stored in body fat. Since your baby’s brain and body may store THC for a long time, you should not use marijuana while you are breastfeeding.
      Talk to your doctor or lactation consultant if you have any questions.
      According the memo issued by the Department of Health and Social Services to Alaskan health care providers.
      Providers are encouraged to advise mothers who report use of marijuana to:
      • stop marijuana use during pregnancy,
      • continue to breastfeed while making every effort to reduce the amount of marijuana consumed, whether smoked, vaped or eaten,
      • protect children from second-hand marijuana smoke in their home or car, the same way they protect their children from second hand tobacco smoke,
      • do not drive a car while under the influence of marijuana with or without your child,
      • safely store marijuana and edibles out of reach of children and pets. Remind caregivers to also safely store any marijuana or edibles, and
      • have sober, unimpaired child care providers take responsibility for their children whenever they are using any impairing substance, including marijuana.
    • If you would like to breastfeed or are breastfeeding and need help to stop using marijuana, talk to your health care provider or use the resources on this website. "
    Zombieguy1987
  • TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    @John_C_87

This is the law:

Section 3

Zombieguy1987
  • This is the law:

Feel free, to challenge the law, with your opinion, and see where it leads, or takes your opinion?
    I'm not changing the law, the substance marijuana law is illegal making it a crime. This is the law as well. It is what can be proven in a court of law but never has been proven in a court of law, it is not opinion it is unprecedented. Realistically in basic principle those who are arrested are punished of violations of United state in American Constitutional right. This truth hasn't ever changed.

This is the law:
    This is law and law can be illegal law as well. It does not hold a united state of immunity as law.  Marijuana is proven as illegal the application of law allows passage to public regulation, unless Martial law.
    What take place in this matter is the principle of ownership is replaced with were a pollution takes place by THC in basic principle.

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    edited June 2019
    @John_C_87

Whatever John.

Youre an adult, who needs information, spelled out for you.

I even shared this information:
    • "Using marijuana while pregnant or breastfeeding may harm your baby.[1] THC, the chemical in marijuana that makes a person high, can pass from mother to unborn child through the placenta. Marijuana that passes to your baby during pregnancy may make it hard for your child to pay attention and learn, especially as your child grows older. This would make it harder for your child to do well in school.[1]
      Smoking marijuana has the added risk to the mother and baby of harmful smoke exposure. However, using marijuana in edible or vaporized form still exposes the baby to THC. There is no known amount of marijuana that can be safely used during pregnancy.[1]

If you are pregnant and need help to stop using marijuana, talk to your health care provider or use the resources on this website.
    • Can I use marijuana while I am breastfeeding?
      Breastfeeding has many health benefits for both the mother and baby. However, if you use marijuana while breastfeeding, THC in marijuana gets into breast milk and may affect your baby. THC is stored in body fat. Since your baby’s brain and body may store THC for a long time, you should not use marijuana while you are breastfeeding.
      Talk to your doctor or lactation consultant if you have any questions.
      According the memo issued by the Department of Health and Social Services to Alaskan health care providers.
      Providers are encouraged to advise mothers who report use of marijuana to:
      • stop marijuana use during pregnancy,
      • continue to breastfeed while making every effort to reduce the amount of marijuana consumed, whether smoked, vaped or eaten,
      • protect children from second-hand marijuana smoke in their home or car, the same way they protect their children from second hand tobacco smoke,
      • do not drive a car while under the influence of marijuana with or without your child,
      • safely store marijuana and edibles out of reach of children and pets. Remind caregivers to also safely store any marijuana or edibles, and
      • have sober, unimpaired child care providers take responsibility for their children whenever they are using any impairing substance, including marijuana.
    • If you would like to breastfeed or are breastfeeding and need help to stop using marijuana, talk to your health care provider or use the resources on this website. ",
    And what is John's adult response?

This is the law:

"I'm not changing the law, the substance marijuana law is illegal making it a crime. This is the law as well. It is what can be proven in a court of law but never has been proven in a court of law, it is not opinion it is unprecedented. Realistically in basic principle those who are arrested are punished of violations of United state in American Constitutional right. This truth hasn't ever changed."

This is the law:
    "This is law and law can be illegal law as well. It does not hold a united state of immunity as law.  Marijuana is proven as illegal the application of law allows passage to public regulation, unless Martial law."
    "What take place in this matter is the principle of ownership is replaced with were a pollution takes place by THC in basic principle."

I get why you're on the internet, with an anonymous name?

It's the only way, an adult individual, like yourself can say whatever you feel like makes sense to yourself, and not get your ideology cross examined, in a real life setting?

Just like the marijuana addict moms, and dads, across the country, needed to have the law changed, in some states, to suit their marijuana addiction habits, or needs? 

Zombieguy1987
  • And what is John's adult response?

I see your problem, I'm working my way back not in context of you pollution contamination emergency. How can I respond you do not understand the basic principle of debate is chemical contamination not substance abuse. 

If you want to stop marijuana use why not just add known carcinogenic chemicals already in many items the babies are exposed to by order of law including Tabaco Cigarettes?

Stopping a woman from eating poppies seed bagels and pastries would be a good idea as well in relationship to chemical pollution.

Radar for early warning storms detection, cell phones, tablets, make-up, having a child is very demanding on a woman.
  • TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    edited June 2019
    @John_C_87

I'm not entertaining your argument.

My argument is backed up by the Colorado Marijuana Law.

Have a good evening John.
    Zombieguy1987
  • TKDB said:
    @John_C_87

My argument is back up by the Colorado Marijuana Law.

Have a good evening John.

You are already in the argument and want to leave, quitting it has nothing to do with entering.

I like some of the idea Colorado's Marijuana law sells it is just Illegal by abuse of basic principle. It is still part of an Ex post facto way of legislation of law that had been made in the past. The United State held in Constitution needs to be corrected in the writing of law. The united States Constitution does not need to be corrected for support of Ex post facto ways of legislation made for people like yourself. It is made against the preservation of United State in the two principles of Constitution. 

A law is like a command by order it is subject to criminal negligence and malice independently by the people, for the people. It is like cutting corners to raise money or avoid telling the whole truth to gain favor. Is part of the reason you do not what to address pollution in legislation directly as basic legal precedent due to the understanding in basic principle perjury can be treated like a pollution of impartial judicial separation? 

Are entering a fifth of Amendment admission like me without a admission of clear wrong, perjury?
  • TKDB said:
    @John_C_87

I can cite statements by you and numerous others calling to changing United State Constitution to address limitation of basic principle not held up to date. Blaming the idea of basic principle in combination with legal precedent for the errors of laws becoming outdated, leaving them subject to be found to be used illegally.

Going from who has Marijuana to in what location marijuana can be held, by who. Is still not addressing the basic principle of the grievance you are making as category, group, and united state with a baby exposed to chemical pollution.

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    edited June 2019
    @John_C_87

You don't have a viable argument John.

As the Colorado Marijuana Law is written, it has nothing written within it, that you have provided, to support your individual arguments, does it?

Show the public, where your arguments, are supported by the Colorado Marijuana Law, or the California Marijuana Law? 

Instead of having tunnel vision on my words, back your individual arguments up with the Law itself?

I provided the links to both Marijuana Laws John. 
    Zombieguy1987Plaffelvohfen
  • The Statement in which TKDB directs authority by powers of law to give orders: Marijuana should be legal, change my mind.

Law, a statement of fact, deduced from observation, to the effect that a particular natural or scientific phenomenon *****always occurs***** if certain conditions are present.

Law is, something compatible with or enforceable by established law.

Law is a rule of construction or procedure.

Law is, a general relation proved or assumed to hold between mathematical or logical expressions

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/law

TKDB has assumed marijuana is illegal due to the change in rules of evidence, ownership switched with pollution in a process of regulation. A claim of crime tells us, states ownership which is then changed to a pollution created with the chemical THC after the crime of ownership is charged. The common defense to the general welfare in legal precedent was self-evident at the start of this type writing of law for the regulation of marijuana. All that is said in 2019 by John_C as whole truth the type of written legislation no longer is self-evident by a series of events brought into the public by Drug War. Also known as Chemical Warfare under international law.

Chemical warfare is  warfare(and associated military operations) using the toxic properties of chemical substance to kill, injure, or incapacitate an enemy.

Chemical weapons are classified as weapons of mass destruction by the, United nations and their production and stockpiling were outlawed by the Chemical Weapons Convention of 1993. Under this Convention, any toxic chemical, regardless of its origin, is considered a chemical weapon unless it is used for purposes that are not prohibited (an important legal distinction, known as the General Purpose Criterion). The use of nonliving toxic products (such as, botulinum toxin, ricin, or saxitoxin) produced by living organisms is considered chemical warfare. On the other hand, the offensive use of living organisms (such as anthrax) is considered biological warfare rather than chemical warfare.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Chemical_warfare

Command, to direct with specific authority or prerogative; order:

Command, order given by one in authority

TKDB is making no efforts the establish that there is no participation in recto active change in the rules of evidence in a criminal case. TKDB Questions the relief of command take by John_C  by TKDB’s direction of presumption of guilt then asking John_C to join in the crime. Quote

:” Instead of having tunnel vision on my words, back your individual arguments up with the Law itself?”

Making the lack of legal Precedent the basic principle shared as a justification of their crime.

Ex post facto laws retroactively change the rules of evidence in a criminal case, retroactively alter the definition of a crime,

Article I, Section 10, Clause 1, of the U.S. Constitution. An ex post facto law is considered a hallmark of tyranny because it deprives people of a sense of what behavior will or will not be punished and allows for random punishment at the whim of those in power.

TKBD states: You don't have a viable argument John
    That is only a truth when the lack of ability by competence has been addressed by the issue presented before TKDB. Ex post Facto United State constitutional violation Law of the land.

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    @John_C_87

You still have no argument.

Just your self serving rhetoric.
  • TKDB said:
    @John_C_87

You still have no argument.

Just your self serving rhetoric.
    John_C has an argument made on United State Constitutional law itself. Ex Post Facto Law
    TKDB has no argument to protect the law used by TKDB incorrectly. 

Sometimes legal precedent to preserve constitution meaning picking a bigger stronger law and hitting someone in the head with it. Not putting them in jail or prison. The difference is by basic principle a need to insure tranquility by placing a common defense on activities in the past which may have placed people in prison that still takes place just as a different violation to public general welfare.

Think of it as using a gun for target shooting in a murder that places blood on the gun. The victims blood follows the serial numbers of the gun until the numbers are removed, or the gun is recycled into a new gun with new serial numbers as Identification. Re-arranging parts of the gun does correct the injustice which requires a new basic form of Identification of the gun.

My opinion is you are doing this to stage a overall reason to have people simply let go instead of protecting the preservation of united State Constitution the law officials have undertaken in the past. Not that this opinion matter is the dispay of truth and liberty.
  • @TKDB ;
    Look at the bright side. You don't loose. I don't win.
    I got more green dots than you.. The United State of American Constitution Wins!!!!!
  • TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    edited June 2019
    @John_C_87

Tell me where your rhetoric is stated in the below published Marijuana laws?

"John_C has an argument made on United State Constitutional law itself. Ex Post Facto Law

Is your "Ex Post Facto Law" a part of the below laws?

The California Marijuana Law:

"Consumption

As with other states that have passed measures to legalize recreational marijuana, there are several restrictions on consumption. Under AUMA, marijuana consumption is housed under one term, “Smoke.” To smoke refers to inhaling, burning or carrying a lighted/heated device/pipe intended for inhalation. Please note that electronic devices such as vaporizers or aerosols, and even ingesting all fall under this same category. Essentially, there is no circumvention of the law when it comes to cannabis consumption in a prohibited place, so always be sure to follow the law accordingly.

First and foremost, you are NOT allowed to consume legal cannabis in the following places:

• ANY public place or area
    • ANY location where tobacco smoking is prohibited
    • Within 1,000 feet of a school, youth center or day care where children are present while not inside the confines of a private residence (If you are at a private residence WITHIN 1,000 feet of a school/day care/youth center, you may consume ONLY if the smoking is undetectable to the surrounding area)

You ARE able to consume legal cannabis in any of the following places

• Private residences
    • Accessory structures located on the grounds of a private residence that is enclosed & secure from the public
    • Outdoors on a private residence so long as the city/county the residence is located in does not prohibit such action"
    I don't see your words,  "Ex Post Facto Law" in the above published Law do you?

The Alaska Marijuana Law: 

"Consumption

Similar to other states where cannabis is recreationally legal, you are not allowed to consume cannabis on any federal or public land. Adults 21 years of age and older are allowed to consume marijuana on private property out of view from the public. Public consumption is strictly banned and offenders found guilty of violating this ban are subject to a fine up to $100."

The Colorado Marijuana Law:

Consumption

So you made it to Colorado and bought yourself a big bag of green. Great job! Now the question is: "Where can I smoke my weed?" This is a highly debated topic at the moment, so here's some helpful insight into what's legal and what's practical.

First and foremost, you will find the following statement to be true during your visit:

Discretion is appreciated, and usually required.

Amendment 64 does NOT permit the consumption of marijuana "openly and publicly." So before you start blazing those blunts while walking down the street, remember that you can still get a ticket for doing so, similar to open container laws for drinking in public.

In general, there aren't any coffee shops or marijuana bars where you can purchase cannabis products like you might find in Amsterdam. However, thanks to Initiative 300, bring-your-own-cannabis lounges are beginning to open their doors to consumers.

In addition to the new social consumption lounges, several 'private' cannabis clubs are open to adults as well. These clubs are a great place for tourists and locals alike to come together and consume marijuana products safely and legally. Some even allow indoor smoking since they are 'private,' while others just allow inside vaping and outside smoking.

Remember, public consumption is illegal and can result in tickets and fines. Denver Police have also increased citations for public consumption over the years. In the first three quarters of 2014, Denver Police issued 668 public consumption citations. This amounts to a 470% increase from the same period in 2013, when 117 citations were issued. On 4/20 in 2018, police issued 72 citations, almost twice as many as the previous year.

Even though concert venues and bars are considered ‘private,' prohibitionists argue that they are ‘publicly accessible private venues', and therefore consumption of marijuana is prohibited. From our experience, it depends upon the place and the crowd. Most down to earth venues will usually turn a blind eye to things unless they are getting complaints or police visits.

To be discreet, edibles or a portable vaporizer can be your best friend. These have become very popular in Colorado, as they don’t really leave any odor and can be consumed almost anywhere.

The New Jersey Marijuana Law:

"Consumption

According to New Jersey state law medical cannabis patients are encouraged to only consume marijuana in their private residences.

Additionally, patients are prohibited from consuming medical marijuana in the following areas of New Jersey:

• School buses and public vehicles
    • Any moving private vehicles
    • School grounds
    • Correctional facilities
    • Any public places that disallow smoking"

The Oregon Marijuana Law:

"Consumption

Smoking marijuana in public in Oregon is illegal, even if you're smoking with an often-discreet vape pen. As a result, you can only consume at home or on private property. This means no bars, community parks, public outdoor smoking areas, on buses and airplanes, or federal land. Getting busted smoking weed in public could result in negative legal ramifications including fines and even jail time."

The Michigan Marijuana Law:

"Consumption

Recreational cannabis is legal in Michigan, but that doesn't mean adults of age can consume marijuana everywhere. Public cannabis consumption is strictly illegal in Michigan, as is driving under the influence of marijuana.

The consumption of medical marijuana by qualifying patients is also permitted, so long as the patient follows the provisions set forth under the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act. Similar to recreational cannabis, the consumption of marijuana is only allowed on private property out of view from the public and cannot be consumed in any public place or property."

The Nevada Marijuana Law: 

"Where Can You Consume Marijuana in Nevada?

Cannabis consumption is for private use only. It is illegal to smoke in public, on federal land or in a vehicle without risking a fine. 

There are some hotels that allow tobacco smoke, but most will not permit marijuana use because of concerns regarding conflicting federal law. This is especially true of casinos that work hard to meet gaming regulations, which makes them less likely to want to "gamble" with federal marijuana law.

Although there has been some discussion about opening a few marijuana resorts on Las Vegas Boulevard in the future, it's always best to keep a low profile when consuming cannabis in Nevada.

Those caught violating public consumption laws in Nevada will be charged with a misdemeanor which is punishable by up to six months in jail, a fine of up to $1,000 or both. The ruling judge may assign community service in addition to or in lieu of both jail time."

"Consumption by Minors

Unless the minor has a valid medical marijuana recommendation, it is illegal for him or her to consume cannabis and cannabis-infused products and could result in a misdemeanor.

Those caught distributing marijuana-related products to minors are punishable with a minimum one-year sentence for first time offenses and up to life in prison (with potential parole after five years) for subsequent offenses."

The Maine Marijuana Law: 

"Consumption

Consuming cannabis on public or federal land is strictly prohibited and illegal in Maine. Recreational marijuana may only be consumed on private property, out of public view. Adults 21 years of age or older who do choose to consume marijuana in public and are found guilty of perpetrating this civil violation are subject to a fine up to $100.

Maine had been contemplating the allowance of social consumption clubs where adults could safely and legally use marijuana. Unfortunately, the new compromise legislation bans social clubs throughout the state."

@John_C_87

Keep educating the public, in how John views the law?

"Ex Post Facto Law" Isn't mentioned in any of the above states via the their Marijuana laws, is it? 

Do you see the states that have the Marijuana Laws in their states, have the below specific language published within their very words? 

Who taught you law? 

@John_C_87

What does your "Ex Post Facto Law" have to do with Recreational Marijuana legalization? 

Teach me Counselor. 

• TKDB said:
    @John_C_87

Tell me where your rhetoric is stated in the below published Marijuana laws?

"John_C has an argument made on United State Constitutional law itself. Ex Post Facto Law

Is your "Ex Post Facto Law" a part of the below laws?

The California Marijuana Law:

"Consumption

Right there! the first word. The THC is a chemical contamination, though not a chemical spill it may be air pollution in basic principle.

U.S. Constitution - Article 1 Section 10

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
    Section 10 - Powers Prohibited of States

<<Back | Table of Contents | Next>>

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letter of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder,****** ex post facto Law******, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

https://usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec10.html

Ex post facto laws retroactively change the rules of evidence in a criminal case, retroactively alter the definition of a crime,

Article I, Section 10, Clause 1, of the U.S. Constitution. An ex post facto law is considered a hallmark of tyranny because it deprives people of a sense of what behavior will or will not be punished and allows for random punishment at the whim of those in power. 

The prohibition of ex post facto laws was an imperative in colonial America. The Framers of the Constitution understood the importance of such a prohibition, considering the historical tendency of government leaders to abuse power. As Alexander Hamilton observed, "[I]t is easy for men … to be zealous advocates for the rights of the citizens when they are invaded by others, and as soon as they have it in their power, to become the invaders themselves." The desire to thwart abuses of power also inspired the Framers of the Constitution to prohibit bills of attainder, which are laws that inflict punishment on named individuals or on easily ascertainable members of a group without the benefit of a trial. Both ex post facto laws and bills of attainder deprive those subject to them of due process of law—that is, of notice and an opportunity to be heard before being deprived of life, liberty, or property.

TKDB said: Teach me Counselor. 

I am preserving United State Consitution. The united state made on basic principle in aunion of legal precedent.

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    @John_C_87

Your argument gets placed on its duff, by the very Marijuana Laws of those state's.

I've entertained your mind long enough John.

"I am preserving United State Consitution. The united state made on basic principle in aunion of legal precedent."

•  

I am just curious of the translation source of images writing for the Latin phrase Ex Post Fact o?

Though the translations are not the only one’s found they reflect a whole truth in words, expressions of verbal punctuation by a demeanor of the Dead language Latin and the use of Tyrannical abuse

By reason of Done.

According to done.

As result of done

https://www.online-latin-dictionary.com/latin-english-dictionary.php?parola=Ex

What is Ex post Facto law?

A law not written in basic principle when attached to United State, or Constitution without united state.

I've entertained your mind long enough John.

Maybe that is the problem addressing a debate like it is entrainment and not like sharing truth.

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    edited July 2019
    @John_C_87 ;

None of those published Marijuana Laws, can be USED by you to properly support, your "Ex Post Facto Law" argument, can they?

Show the PUBLIC, where the words "Ex Post Facto Law" are a published part, of any of those individual states Marijuana Laws? 

That's the difference between your ideology and those published laws, those laws are copyrighted terms, per each states, aren't they?

So unless, you can explicitly show where your argument "Ex Post Facto Law" is a part of the Marijuana Laws, you're basically, in a sense, a street corner preacher, preaching on the internet?

Therefore your argument is a fraudulent argument, based on the workings of your own mind? 

What Post "Ex Post Facto Law" ideology, are you going to conjure up, from your own brain next?  

John_C_87
  • None of those published Marijuana Laws, can be USED by you to properly support, your "Ex Post Facto Law" argument, can they? 

Yes, a few can though the translations made by those laws can be defined more clearly as a basic principle.

Show the PUBLIC, where the words "Ex Post Facto Law" are a published part, of any of those individual states Marijuana Laws?

In the debate, the location is found by address in a state of the union between basic principle and legal precedent for U.S. constitutional preservation. All the states have and/or heard criminal plus civil cases before the Supreme Court, while the Supreme Court has also heard cases that had been presented before the respected states prior.

That's the difference between your ideology and those published laws, those laws are copyrighted terms, per each states, aren't they?

You are desperately trying to turn this into a word against word argument. I am asking for a whole truth from you in location of the Interpreter of the Latin used by for the writing. There is the collection of meaning of a word, and there are sections which are removed as the meaning of word. This is the way the rules are changed after evidence labeled fact is known.

So unless, you can explicitly show where your argument "Ex Post Facto Law" is a part of the Marijuana Laws, you're basically, in a sense, a street corner preacher, preaching on the internet?

Pollution is the basic principle missing. By the way you are asking for a Presidential state of the union not Presadera state of the union this in part addresses the idea of Ex Post Facto as a false occurrence in legislation of law. 

Therefore, your argument is a fraudulent argument, based on the workings of your own mind? 

Na! you’re not addressing my concerns of abuse made on united state bound by Constitution, the Warning is it may be in our mind together, from any and all given moment to any given other moment, it is not just in one mind in operation be it yours or mine.

What Post "Ex Post Facto Law" ideology, are you going to conjure up, from your own brain next? 

This one. You are really racking up those yellow Debra dots...……..

I’m not addressing truth in basic principle to condemn any American states of independence. The state of the union is to introduce and unite basic principle of pollution between all states to insure a whole public understanding of control.

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    edited July 2019
    @John_C_87

Same John rhetoric, different day.

What does pollution, have to do with a Marijuana addict, in jail, in those states, where the marijuana addicts, drug of choice, hasn't been legalized yet? 
  • Same John rhetoric, different day.
    Na, we are moving forward slowly but surely. no help from you.

What does pollution, have to do with a Marijuana addict, in jail, in those states, where the marijuana addicts, drug of choice, hasn't been legalized yet?
    1. In principle marijuana is a herb, a plant, a flower not drug.
    2. Again to reiterate Ex post Facto "from fact" THC is chemical pollutant.
    3. Marijuana addicts are a P.O.W.'s a respected state needs to Identify itself as a part of the united state placed under American constitution or independent.
    4. Marijuana is not a substance under control the substance  " practical importance"  is THC.  

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/principal
    hasn't been legalized yet?  You are explaining this backwards it should be explained in whole truth so would be said had been convicted of an allegation of marijuana possession, or a much more series allegation of distribution of controlled substance. 

Substance.
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/substance
    Marijuana is not the substance as fact, in the legislation of law it is the " fundamental or characteristic part or quality"  THC that is in basic principle name for said substance introduced as evidence.

TKDB

9 Yellow
                2 Red
                21 Green  

John_C

3 Yellow
                0 Red
                37 Green

• We are in a united state to explain a relief made in police work already performed by agents of the United State Constitution, the police. Pollution is a basic principle in question used to bring changed to represent a up to date state of the union for police regulating the common defense to protect and serve the United state Constitution with the people.
  • TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    @John_C_87

The Marijuana Laws, of the previously mentioned states, TRUMP your individual points of view.

Why no answer, for the below?

Defend the Marijuana addicts, with your pollution talk?

Defend the pregnant ladies, who are using Marijuana while carrying an unborn baby, with your pollution talk?

Go grab a NORML lawyer, and have one, create a defense for your pollution argument? 
    John_C_87
  • TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    edited July 2019
    @piloteer

@Plaffelvohfen

@John_C_87

@ZeusAres42

@Zombieguy1987

"Big lies permeate  propaganda to legalize marijuana

Legalizers suggest or claim:

1. Massive numbers of people are in jail for simple marijuana possession, which is completely untrue.   John Pfaff wrote a book about the reasons for mass incarceration, finding that prisons are not full of nonviolent drug offenders.
    2. Since “Prohibition” has failed, legalization will work and black markets will go away.   In California, which legalized pot for medical and recreational reasons, about 80% of the market is sold on the black market and the state has failed to get even half of the promised revenue.
    3. The dangers of alcohol will go away if marijuana becomes legal, since many people will find marijuana is a safer alternative to alcohol. 
    4. Legalization will bring “social justice.”  People who advocated legalization for social justice reasons suggest that racial discrimination will vanish through the legalization of marijuana.
      In the 2014 legalization campaign for Washington, DC, advocates claimed that legalizing marijuana would end discrimination. It hasn’t been true.

We believe that disadvantaged populations will be harmed more with legalization.  SAM specifically highlights the social justice problems with the legalization of pot. Teresa Haley, president of the Illinois NAACP, and other NAACP chapters take stands against legalizing pot. 

Unfortunately, public policy doesn’t warn people of the mental health risks involved in using pot.  We need a new Parents Movement to head off the misconceptions about marijuana.  "

• @TKDB ;

Why no answer, for the below?

Lack of willingness to acknowledge understanding of the answer.

The Marijuana Laws, of the previously mentioned states, TRUMP your individual points of view.  Gambling is an addiction, using law as a way to gamble with a higher risk then loss of money, this for greater excitement. Gambling addiction. People have an inalienable right to independence.

“Trump”

to get the better of, a dependable and exemplary person, a card of a suit any of whose cards will win over a card that is not of this suit.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/trump

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/hotlines/

TKDB you are dictating what should be the rebuttal of your opponent in debate, basic principle marijuana simply is not what is being addressed by law. The truth you tell all people the chemical pollutant THC is making its way into the child; the child is never in threat of being smothered under tons of marijuana by exposure. The threat is made in a different way to the public then what is described by evidence of the crime taken.

Defend the Marijuana addicts, with your pollution talk?

Marijuana needs no defending it is the common defense for the general welfare to Ex post facto law and THC as a chemical pollutant.

Number of children found who have been killed due to smothering of marijuana so far. 0

All known reported incidents of negligent harm and/or death come from THC exposure.

TKDB do you feel you have an addiction problem?

Do you believe gambling is an addition?

I basic principle the precedent of law does not dictate marijuana can not be consumed, kept or grown. It is the obligation of legislated law to point out the basic principle of the concerns of the general welfare in whole truth. What it sought in our discussion is the acknowledgement of THC as a pollutant not narcotic. A general pollutant which itself can be contaminated with narcotic or narcotics.

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts

PARENTING JUST GOT A LOT HARDER WITH LEGAL MARIJUANA

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 95357 AMpng

"This site is designed to help parents quickly understand marijuana in the 21st century.

When it comes to preventing drug use among kids, parents are the most important factor. But access to a drug and the perception of its harm are two powerful Environmental Prevention factors at work helping reduce use among youth as well. Most parents don’t realize these environmentally-based protective factors exist and are working on their behalf to help keep their kids away from drugs - until the protections are gone. “Legalization” a.k.a commercialization of intoxicating drugs like marijuana destroys these protections. In our case, increased access to marijuana occurs immediately after legalization, and at the very same time the perception of marijuana’s harm decreases for all of us and especially our kids. Almost instantly, “it can’t be that bad for you - they made it legal” becomes the prevailing sentiment. And in fact, it’s a hard point to argue against. Add pervasive messaging from an aggressive Industry with deep pockets - The Marijuana Industry (sometimes called Tobacco 2.0) - and many parents wake up reeling from constant pro-pot comments and beliefs from their kids. For many kids, this belief becomes use, and some parents find their kids heavily addicted before they realize their kids even know what marijuana is. In the most tragic cases, some parents lose their children to fatal car accidents, suicides and debilitating mental illnesses - all from what their kids thought was a little harmless weed.

At the end of 2018, 9 states plus the District of Columbia have passed laws legalizing the recreational use of Marijuana (RecLegal), and 29 states have passed laws legalizing some form of medical marijuana (MedLegal). This site is designed to help parents quickly understand marijuana in the 21st century and legalization so that all of us - parents, kids, families, communities - are better prepared to react, plan, prevent and manage the new RecLegal world some 80 million of us find ourselves living in. "

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    @John_C_87

Is Gambling mentioned explicitly, in those state's Marijuana Law's?

Show the public, where Gambling is a part of the individual states, Marijuana Laws, and you'll be supporting your Gambling argument, otherwise your expressing an empty argument, because you're addicted to pushing your whole truth ideology, right? 

"TKDB do you feel you have an addiction problem?

I basic principle the precedent of law does not dictate marijuana can not be consumed, kept or grown. It is the obligation of legislated law to point out the basic principle of the concerns of the general welfare in whole truth. What it sought in our discussion is the acknowledgement of THC as a pollutant not narcotic. A general pollutant which itself can be contaminated with narcotic or narcotics."

Your opinion below, counts for zero, because you're not providing any facts, to back up your own words, did you?

"Marijuana needs no defending it is the common defense for the general welfare to Ex post facto law and THC as a chemical pollutant. (Pure John opinion.) No facts?

(Pure John opinion, as well) Number of children found who have been killed due to smothering of marijuana so far. 0

All known reported incidents of negligent harm and/or death come from THC exposure." (Pure John opinion, no facts as well?)

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    @John_C_87

Care to comment on the below?

"Big lies permeate  propaganda to legalize marijuana

Legalizers suggest or claim:

1. Massive numbers of people are in jail for simple marijuana possession, which is completely untrue.   John Pfaff wrote a book about the reasons for mass incarceration, finding that prisons are not full of nonviolent drug offenders.
    2. Since “Prohibition” has failed, legalization will work and black markets will go away.   In California, which legalized pot for medical and recreational reasons, about 80% of the market is sold on the black market and the state has failed to get even half of the promised revenue.
    3. The dangers of alcohol will go away if marijuana becomes legal, since many people will find marijuana is a safer alternative to alcohol. 
    4. Legalization will bring “social justice.”  People who advocated legalization for social justice reasons suggest that racial discrimination will vanish through the legalization of marijuana.
      In the 2014 legalization campaign for Washington, DC, advocates claimed that legalizing marijuana would end discrimination. It hasn’t been true.

We believe that disadvantaged populations will be harmed more with legalization.  SAM specifically highlights the social justice problems with the legalization of pot. Teresa Haley, president of the Illinois NAACP, and other NAACP chapters take stands against legalizing pot. 

Unfortunately, public policy doesn’t warn people of the mental health risks involved in using pot.  We need a new Parents Movement to head off the misconceptions about marijuana.  "

Plaffelvohfen
  • @TKDB ;

Your opinion below, counts for zero, because you're not providing any facts, to back up your own words, did you? Fact as evidence in question by Ex post Facto law. How much marijuana does it take to smother a baby?

(Pure John opinion, as well) Number of children Xfound  reported who have been killed due to smothering with marijuana so far. Buried? 0 I will keep looking.

No, it is a question made after no findings of any initial information on how many babies are killed by the substance marijuana. Substance Abuse is your common defense to the general welfare. Just how many children get buried in marijuana and die? There has been zero reported deaths form marijuana as a substance.

Again, there are numbers of reports of death in relationship to a THC contamination at unexcitable levels. All known reported incidents of negligent harm and/or death come from THC exposure." (Pure John opinion, no facts as well?)Have you ready any of your own information provided?

• TKDB said:
    @John_C_87

Is Gambling mentioned explicitly, in those state's Marijuana Law's?

Show the public, where Gambling is a part of the individual states, Marijuana Laws, and you'll be supporting your Gambling argument, otherwise your expressing an empty argument, because you're addicted to pushing your whole truth ideology, right? 

"TKDB do you feel you have an addiction problem?

I basic principle the precedent of law does not dictate marijuana can not be consumed, kept or grown. It is the obligation of legislated law to point out the basic principle of the concerns of the general welfare in whole truth. What it sought in our discussion is the acknowledgement of THC as a pollutant not narcotic. A general pollutant which itself can be contaminated with narcotic or narcotics."

Your opinion below, counts for zero, because you're not providing any facts, to back up your own words, did you?

"Marijuana needs no defending it is the common defense for the general welfare to Ex post facto law and THC as a chemical pollutant. (Pure John opinion.) No facts?

(Pure John opinion, as well) Number of children found who have been killed due to smothering of marijuana so far. 0

All known reported incidents of negligent harm and/or death come from THC exposure." (Pure John opinion, no facts as well?)

It is important to understand that legislators in many states understand the addiction of gambling. The number of ways an addiction problem can present itself is not held in a united state by narcotic or drugs, this includes prescription medications.

One of the meanings to the word Trump is “a dependable and exemplary person,” gambling as an addiction does not make the person who gambles dependable or exemplary. Is Gambling mentioned explicitly, in those state's Marijuana Law's? Are you say you cannot see any gamble in how marijuana is legislated as a substance and not pollutant by THC contamination?

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    @John_C_87

You still have NO ARGUMENT, John.

The below, are more of your preachings:

"It is important to understand that legislators in many states understand the addiction of gambling. The number of ways an addiction problem can present itself is not held in a united state by narcotic or drugs, this includes prescription medications.

One of the meanings to the word Trump is “a dependable and exemplary person,” gambling as an addiction does not make the person who gambles dependable or exemplary. Is Gambling mentioned explicitly, in those state's Marijuana Law's?Are you say you cannot see any gamble in how marijuana is legislated as a substance and not pollutant by THC contamination?"

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    @John_C_87

Still no fact backed counter arguments from you John:

(Your opinion below, counts for zero, because you're not providing any facts, to back up your own words, did you?)

More of your internet preaching John:

"Fact as evidence in question by Ex post Facto law. How much marijuana does it take to smother a baby?"

(Pure John opinion, as well) Number of children Xfound  reported who have been killed due to smothering with marijuana so far. Buried? 

More of your internet preaching John, 

"I will keep looking.

No, it is a question made after no findings of any initial information on how many babies are killed by the substance marijuana. Substance Abuse is your common defense to the general welfare. Just how many children get buried in marijuana and die? There has been zero reported deaths form marijuana as a substance."

"Again, there are numbers of reports of death in relationship to a THC contamination at unexcitable levels. All known reported incidents of negligent harm and/or death come from THC exposure." (Pure John opinion, no facts as well?)” 

"Have you ready any of your own information provided?"

• TKDBTKDB 187 Pts
    @John_C_87

From Parents Opposed to Pot:

"STONED BABIES AND UNDERACHIEVING ADULTS

By Dr. Drew Edwards

Physicians and medical professionals routinely warn women not to use marijuana while they are pregnant or nursing. Why? The best available scientific evidence has established that exposure to marijuana’s psychoactive constituent, THC, in utero causes neuroadaptive changes in their baby’s brain, especially in the regions where their cognitive capacity and emotional regulation is formed. As a result, the life trajectories for prenatally exposed children may be permanently altered. These facts, like so many others germane to marijuana’s toxic effects have been well established in the scientific literature for years—and largely ignored. But why?

Blatant ignorance, apathy, greed or all of the above, coalesced and organized by pro cannabis politicians, financiers and a large, grass roots constituency of chronically addicted users who support full legalization of marijuana. As a result, more women than ever are smoking marijuana both during and after their pregnancy. Specifically, research informs that two-thirds of pregnant women now believe that smoking marijuana during pregnancy presents “no risk at all”, or only a “slight risk” to their baby–meaning they are going to continue getting high during their pregnancy and after.

NAS Report, other recent research

Recently, a shocking revelation was by reported by researchers from The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. While researching the risk factors associated with marijuana during pregnancy, they discovered numerous instances in which non-medical personnel (uneducated sales clerks) at state approved marijuana dispensaries throughout California were recommending that pregnant women smoke marijuana for morning sickness. The fact is, smoking marijuana is an effective antimimetic, as it is for terminal cancer patients on chemo. But is it safe?

Recent research published by The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists concluded that marijuana use (twice per week) increases the risk of low birth weight, citing previous studies that revealed that babies exposed in utero had “statistically significantly smaller head circumferences (smaller brain) shorter stature and lower birth weights” compared to babies not exposed. Not surprising, the findings were more pronounced among women who used marijuana during the first and second trimesters. In addition, a well powered study (in press) from Colorado Children’s Hospital, describes how THC is commonly being fed to newborn babies via their mother’s breastmilk, causing intoxication to the infant…yes, stoned babies.

How is the brain affected?

The human brain does not fully develop until the mid to late 20’s. The female brain develops a few years sooner than the male brain. Moreover, the brain develops from the back (cerebellum) to the front (frontal cortex). This is developmentally significant, as the frontal cortex is what makes us uniquely human. It is where conceptual and abstract learning develop, as well as our capacity for empathy, and motivation to sustain focus, set goals and work hard to achieve them. Our frontal brain is where we develop morality, learn fairness, desire to help others, to delay gratification and inhibit primitive hedonic impulses from the midbrain. Marijuana use retards the development of the frontal cortex and degrades the neuro-circuitry that innervates this region.

In a paper published (2015) by researchers at Columbia University Medical Center and the New York State Psychiatric Institute, investigators used a novel and highly specific carbon radio-tracer, which binds preferentially to dopamine 3 (D3) receptors in the brain. Using  sophisticated imaging technology, these studies revealed that regular cannabis use is associated with lower dopamine release in the associative striatum and the sensory motor striatumwhich mediate reward salience, motivation and cognition. Dopamine is the neurotransmitter that causes reward when human and mammals engage in pro-survival behavior. All drugs of abuse usurp this most primitive survival drive by releasing dopamine, thus fooling the brain and rewarding the user as if they had accomplished something significant. Lead investigator, Dr. Anissa Abi-Dargham, concluded. “Cannabis shares a negative impact on dopaminergic transmission with other drugs, only with a different regional profile”

Why is this important?

There are currently 24 million marijuana users in the US. Today, approximately 7,000 children or teens will smoke marijuana for the first time. And 7,000 tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day…. Yet, the acute and chronic effects of the 120 plus cannabinoids and other constituents present in marijuana are mostly unknown.

When a person smokes marijuana- THC, the known psychoactive cannabinoid is pumped  from the lungs, into the heart, reaching the brain within minutes. The body absorbs THC more slowly when it is eaten, delaying the onset of action for at least an hour and prolonging the duration of the effect. Users who are naive to the slower onset of edibles may consume 2 or 3 times the initial dose, erroneously believing that the initial dose was insufficient to get them high.

This is common cause of visits to the local hospital’s emergency department. Moreover, competition for market share of this multibillion- dollar business has driven up the potency of the marijuana products, with little regard for safety. In order to increase the percentage of THC in retail products, the manufacturers make room by eliminating most of the cannabidiol (CBD) which has been shown to have positive, neuro-protective effects. In short, THC degrades neuronal connections and circuitry while CBD is protective.

Our list of child neglect deaths involving caregivers using marijuana includes 17 children who drowned and 13 who died in hot cars.

Legalization has produced intense market competition, which, in turn, has produced dangerously potent products. Since legalization in Colorado, admission to poison control centers and pediatric emergency departments have experienced a 300-to-400 percent increase due to marijuana toxicity and overdose. In addition, dozens of babies and toddlers have died because their parent or caregiver was so stoned that they left a small child unattended in a bathtub, or near a pool, or strapped in an overheating car and was literally baked alive because the adult just “lost track of time.”

Altered life trajectory

Numerous prospective and longitudinal studies reveal that teens who smoke marijuana grossly under achieve in life. One such longitudinal study (10 years) showed that teens who used marijuana at least twice per week are 5 times more likely to drop out of high school, 3 times more likely to be incarcerated or unemployed, earn significantly less money as adults, and have multiple failed significant relationships. Additionally, teens who smoke marijuana are 2.6 times more likely to become addicted to opioids.

Clearly the consequences of marijuana use, via legalization, has fallen most heavily on the very least of us, e.g., the unborn, infants, small children, and the poor, while making many politicians wealthy and elitist billionaires even more wealthy.

Stoned babies, brain damaged and psychotic teens, underachievement, incarceration, unemployment, depression, suicidality, infant death by neglect…Is it worth it?

Apparently so, as too many ignorant, apathetic users and greedy and powerful politicians and financiers are willing to trade the lives and the future of millions of children, so that marijuana users have the legal right to get stoned and impaired whenever they want, and without consequence. This must change, less we become a nation of underachieving, sick and unproductive people. "

References Provided Upon Request

Dr. Drew Edwards is a Clinical Consultant for Lakeview Health in Florida and a behavioral medicine researcher, author, clinician, trainer and consultant. Formerly Dr Drew was Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Health Behavior and at the Medical College of Georgia, as well as the director for the Department of Psychiatry. Previously, Dr. Edwards was the Associate Director of Psychiatry at the University of Florida, College of Medicine.
    www.drdrewedwards.org www.lakeviewhealth.com